My goal is to extract about 30 JPG or PNG images from a PDF using PHP. I’m using ImageMagick from PHP in a shared hosting. Imagick::readImage. (PECL imagick ). Imagick::readImage — Reads image from filename. Description. bool Imagick::readImage (string $filename). Example case: extract page 1 of a pdf file and save it as jpg image. $i = new Imagick(); $i->setResolution();.
|Published (Last):||24 February 2008|
|PDF File Size:||14.96 Mb|
|ePub File Size:||13.96 Mb|
|Price:||Free* [*Free Regsitration Required]|
How can we fix it? So I figured out I needed to encode the url properly. Does it work with a simple convert command line? They all fail on the readImage[X] command.
With an imagemagick object whose data was created from this function, I could scale, change the colors, and perform artistic effects upon the object, without any problems at all, but then there was a problem with saving: But, there is a problem with the ReadImage function! Uday Hiwarale 1, 16 Initially, the first looks far more tempting, since you don’t have to worry about fopen and fclose commands.
It always gives an exception in the readImage command when index is around 15 or higher depending on the source PDF. Post as a guest Name.
As described in my answer: Victor Bocharsky 6, 5 35 No, I’ve tried this.
php – Imagick – Can’t read image files from URL. – Stack Overflow
Is there an alternative solution? Questions Why is this a problem? Got a patch for a bug? To clarify, the entire script consists of only two lines.
I’m not sure if this code is optimal, but it works.
PHP: Imagick::readImage – Manual
How to Convert a PDF to JPEG using PHP
The problem is that Imagick can’t handle the uri format. I guess what I should do in that case is to break up every part of the url and encode all different parts in some way.
It seems that when you are reading a page that imaick far enough into the PDF file, it gets the exception. ReadImage takes a string containing the folder location of the file, and ReadImageFile takes a handle pointing to the file location.
It opens up new errors, it dose’t even understand the url.
Bear in mind this is running in PHP from a shared hosting account so I do not have a Command line environment to run a convert command. Email Required, but never shown. Some sample code to demonstrate using PHP Version 5.